Neck Fat isn’t actually a build up of muscles, It boils down to two factors:
- As people grow older, they start to become less physically active, which leads to deposition of fat in many places in their body, one of which is on their neck. Bad diet and lack of exercise are to blame.
- Naturally, it’s a result of aging. After the age of 35-40, the muscles in various parts of the body weaken and start to sag.
How to Get Rid of Neck Fat
For a long time doctors have measured fat in the gut, known as “Visceral Adipose Tissue”, to determine the risk of cardiovascular disease. Fat in the neck is also closely associated with some of the known risks for heart trouble, such as high cholesterol and diabetes. Neck fat can also increase the risk of sleep apnea by helping to close off the airways in the throat.
Get rid of Neck Fat with Easy DIY Remedies:
Following are the exercises you can do to get rid of neck fat:
Do chin lifts:
This exercise helps to strengthen and tighten the muscles in your face and neck. To do it, stand with your back and neck straight. Raise your chin toward the ceiling and look at the ceiling. Pucker your lips toward the ceiling and hold for a count of 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times. Do the exercise every day for best effect.
Roll your neck:
Stand with your spine upright. Turn your head to the side so that your chin is parallel to your shoulder. Your eyes should be looking off to the side, too. Slowly roll your head downward, then up to the other side.
Exercise your platys ma:
This is the muscle that runs down your neck from your jaw. Stand with your neck erect. Tighten the tendons in your jaw by pulling your lips up over your teeth and turning the corners of your mouth downward, almost as if you were frowning. Hold for 10 seconds, then relax. Repeat the exercise ten times.
Use a tennis ball:
Place it against your neck and hold it there with your chin. Press your chin against the ball tightly, then slightly release. Repeat ten times.
This is an easy exercise to do, since it hardly requires any thought. Chewing gum keeps your jaw muscles strong, helping to reduce a double chin. Be sure the gum you pop is sugar-free, though, since chewing sugary gum can contribute to weight gain.
Simple ways to get rid of Neck Fat & Its Prevention:
Neck Fat are often a natural result of aging or gaining a little weight. If you’d like to slim down your chin area, there are several approaches you can take. Getting the right haircut, doing chin exercises, and having good posture are easy changes you can make right away.
Use makeup to strategically cover it up:
Try to make your jawline feature more prominently than your neck by using a powder that is a shade darker than your skin tone. The powder should be blended in from ear to ear and into the neck area. Draw attention away from the neck area with colorful blush and interesting eye makeup
Change your hairstyle:
Don’t have a haircut that rests right at the level of your chin, or very long hair, because both styles will draw more attention to your chin. A medium cut just below the chin is your best bet. Some options are as follows:
Go for a long bob:
This classic cut looks great on people with larger chins. It should stop an inch or two below your chin line.
Get an angled haircut:
Have the longer hair in front, shorter hair in the back. The longer hair in front reduces the size of and draws less attention to the chin.
Try layered waves:
A full hairstyle balances the face and draws attention away from the chin.
Grow a beard:
If you’re a guy, having the right facial hair can go a long way toward making your chin look smaller. Grow out your beard all the way to your neck. Keep it groomed neatly, but allow it to be thick. This will even things out in your chin and neck area.
Don’t wear choker necklaces:
They are tight on the neck, emphasizing the double chin and possibly leaving red marks. If you still want this look, there are necklaces that have a similar design to dog collars, but hang like regular necklaces.
Consider your clothes:
Are the clothes you’re wearing making your chin look larger? Wear a broad, open neckline to draw attention away from the chin. Avoid high-necked shirts and blouses, including turtlenecks and tops with fancy detailing.
Check your posture:
How do you stand? If you are slumping, you will be creating unnecessary lumps and bumps on your body, including around your chin area because the fat seeks infirm areas to settle in. Stand up tall, put your head up, shoulders back and uncured that spine.
Stop the Agony Even before it starts:
- The best way to overcome neck fat is to eat sugar free chewing gum, which can even help to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
- Regular neck massage with wheat germ oil is another effective way to get rid of a neck fat. Wheat germ oil has the goodness of vitamin E oil that will nourish and help tighten the skin.
- An egg white mask can be of great help in getting rid of a neck fat because it has a skin tightening effect. Egg whites are also good for the overall health of the skin.
- Chin exercises can help stretch and tone face, neck, and jaw muscles, thereby helping you get rid of neck fat. They will also strengthen the chin and neck muscles and relieve stiffness.
- Make a mask by mixing one tablespoon of glycerin, one-half tablespoon of Epsom salt and a few drops of peppermint oil. This mask will help you to get rid of neck fat.