Anyone who has ever experienced a toothache will agree that it is quite painful, it can make one lose weight because of failure to eat, it will give one sleepless night, it pains and leaves no room for breathing. Well, today there are several toothache home remedies that have been used effectively as a remedy for this condition:
- First, boil some water, leave it to cool and add a pinch of salt. Swish the saline solutions as many times possible to sanitize the debris as well as to minimize the pain. The saline should be warm so that in the process of swishing it around the mouth, any micro-organisms that might be present are also done away with. This is what results into a toothache are the smelly fluids that accumulate in between the teeth. The process should be repeated for as many as the pain disappears.
- Another way to get rid of toothache pain is through using soda ash that is basic in nature. Its baseness makes it effective in neutralizing the acidic PH that is generated in the mouth as a result of the accumulation of the dirty fluid. In return, after the neutralization, toothache will now reduce.
- Did you know that peppermint tea is one of the best home remedies for toothache? This is mainly because it numbs the nerves, hence no message will be sent to the brain, including what the body feels e.g. pain.
The procedure is as simple as;
- Boil one cup of water
- Put a teaspoonful of peppermint into the glass of water
- Stir for thirty minutes
- Swish the tea around in the mouth and spit the tea after swishing. For others who can’t swish can consider biting a teabag in between the affected tooth.
- In a glassful of pure water, add three teaspoonful of hydrogen peroxide and swish around in the mouth. Do not swallow the mixture as this might be harmful. Moreover, do not put excess amounts of hydrogen peroxide thinking that it would help relieve the pain sooner, this can affect the teeth. Hydrogen peroxide is best known for mouth washing abilities. It helps in cleaning the debris, thus reducing the pain. After swishing it around the mouth, it is necessary that the mouth should be rinsed with clean water.
- Ice cubes can also be used to make the tooth or the nerves numb and in return, this will help reduce the pain. After making an ice cube, take one piece, wrap it in a clean piece of clothe then bite it in between the affected tooth for thirty minutes. But, according t researchers, the hands are closely connected with the teeth, hence, when the ice is rubbed on the hands, a numb message will be sent to the brain then reducing the pain.
- Well, another most effective way of reducing toothache is through brushing the teeth regularly using the right brush with quality brittle and the right toothpaste. Then rinse the teeth with clean water.
Home remedies for toothache pain
According to researchers, the affected tooth should be wrapped using a bandage or a clean piece of clothe then again tied around the head to warm the cheeks thus, reducing toothache pain. According to a few individuals who have suffered from this kind of pain, one can gargle garlic solution by grinding garlic cloves and mixing with warm water or putting a few drops of alcohol. This solution should be gargled two to three times a day and on a daily basis over a period of time.
Some people use chloroform, others use arsenic while others just use the ice cubes to kill the pain. The choice depends on the available resources and what one prefers using.
Did you know that you can fill a broken tooth from home? Well, do not be surprised, it is possible and this is one of the best remedies to kill a toothache pain from home. Just take soften chewing gum and use it to cover the holes. But, this will be a temporary solution as the gum can only be held in place for a few hours since an individual cannot eat with that gum in between the teeth.
Have ever tried out acupressure to kill toothache? Well, applying pressure can only work for individuals who are not pregnant as much pressure on an expectant can be harmful to the baby.
It is always better to prevent than to cure, how about putting in place preventive measures such as doing away with sugary foods such as sweets, ice creams, sodas, and licking sugar among others and instead consider taking things like milk, carrots, boiled maize among others. Well, this is one of the best ways to ensure that the teeth remain in good condition no matter what.
Moreover, one should also avoid misusing the teeth using the teeth to open a bottle of soda, tearing a piece of cloth, biting plastics, to mention but a few. Even though one feels convenient to use the teeth anyhow, but, the impact is felt later when there are holes all over the teeth and the pain cannot be helped.
Whenever there is a strong toothache, one should avoid chewing using the side of the affected side to reduce pain because when food particles enter the holes, the teeth tend to pain a lot. Moreover, they also accumulate inside the hole thus, leading to formation of more bacteria that will definitely trigger the pain.
Onions can also be used to quell the toothache pain because it comes with antimicrobial properties that can easily relieve the pain. This is possible because these properties help in killing the germs causing infection. It is important to choose a fresh and mature onion because immature ones may also lead to gum problems. Chew the onions for ten to twenty minutes to relieve the pain. In case one is unable to chew, it is possible to grind a piece of onion and place it on the affected tooth and wait for ten minutes.